Mom, Mum, Mere, Mama, Mai, or Ina - she's the reason you're here and one of the most important people in your life! This weekend we'll celebrate Moms around the world and thank them for all they do for us. Whether it's a card, bouquet of flowers, taking her out for brunch/dinner, or your unique expression of gratitude, there are many ways to celebrate your fantastic Mom.
Here are a couple fun facts about Mother's Day:
1. Mother's Day was started through the efforts of two women - Julia Ward and Anna Jarvis - who each played a key role in the initiation of a day dedicated to our Moms, which was officially introduced in the US in 1914.
2. Americans alone are expected to spend approximately $21.4 billion dollars this Mother's Day...ranking it second only to Christmas on the list of highest spending holidays. In Canada, it comes third only to Christmas and Valentine's Day!
3. There are more phone calls made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year.
4. Mother's Day is the single busiest day for the restaurant business with a whopping 62% of North Americans taking mom out for brunch/dinner!
5. One quarter of all flowers purchased for holidays are purchased on Mother's Day. ChrysantheMUMs (hmm?) and carnations are the most popular.
For all the Moms and Moms-to-be out there, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!