You've followed the previous 3 steps to perfection, so now its time for the icing on the cake.....making buyers drool over your property and time for you to get the most money you can in the shortest amount of time....These last minute details WILL make the difference.
Step 4 - FINISHING TOUCHES
1. Set out a vase full of fresh cut flowers. They will add a little color to your home, and will provide a pleasant scent for your potential buyers.
2. Let there be light!!! Open all your drapes, curtains, and/or window coverings and turn on every light in the home. You do not want buyers walking into a cave. The light will make each space feel roomier as well.
3. Temperature. We know some of you like the heat cranked right up to be nice and toasty/cozy, and the rest of you keep the temperature at nearly freezing to save on heating costs, but for today, have a nice comfortable temperature that will keep the buyers in the home longer. Set it to room temperature, regardless of the temperature outside.
4. Serving light snacks and beverages can be a slight cost, however, if it will keep the potential buyer in the home a bit longer to look a little bit more.....worth every penny.
5. Safeguard your stuff. You will have complete strangers in your home. Not the safest thing, so have a safety plan just in case something terrible happens (having a friend check in every 30 minutes whether by phone or actually coming over). Additionally, you will want to hide/lock up any valuables. If you've followed these 4 steps, you will probably have a lot of people coming through the house and you can't be everywhere all at once.
6. Try to give the buyers space. It can be very uncomfortable for a buyer to have an honest look at a property when you the seller are there at every turn, telling the buyer how "fantastic" that new light fixture is.
Thanks again for stopping by. Next week I'll add just a few more tips for Open House day. As always, if you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me.